What is the Donation for?
At the Greek Orthodox Community of West Island, our work is supported by donations from the congregation and community. People just like you! People from all diverse backgrounds, varied financial resources, people from all walks of life.
Your donations help us show that your care for:
- The spiritual well-being of your family
- The education of your children with the core values of our Orthodox faith
- The growth of Orthodoxy and the dissemination of our spiritual values
- The conditions to better serve our elderly population, families with infants, and to persons with special needs.
- The maintenance of the church building, holidays decoration
- The functional operation and provided religious services, mass, sacraments, moral support and spiritual consultation
Type of Donations
- With collection trays that are passed during the mass
- Pledge Envelops: You will find them in the office at the church entrance. If you wish to receive an income tax receipt,
- Please register your name at our office and obtain a number that you will indicate on your donation envelope.
- Obtain a box of envelopes from the office. Just make sure that the number on the list is the same as the number on the envelopes which you have taken.
- All those who used this method of pledges the previous year, please retain the same number that you had in order to facilitate the Treasurer’s work when he/she will be issuing the income tax receipt.
- Use the donation envelopes at anytime you give a donation (of $5 and more), including the collection trays.
- Please do not use donation envelopes when buying candles
- Donations at anytime at the church secretary’s office. Request a temporary receipt for any cash donations
- Donations on-line using paypal
- Donations by completing a donation form and mailing by regular post
- Donations through your employer with Centraide
Donation receipts are provided for all donations of above $20 per year. Donation receipts are provided in January and February for the previous year. The donations receipts can be picked-up at the secretary’s office (if requested), or they will be mailed by regular post.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE DONATION FORM
CLICK BELOW FOR ON-LINE DONATION USING PAYPAL