“It is more blessed to give than to receive”
PHILOPTOCHOS is the philanthropic arm of the Metropolis Philoptochos of Toronto. It is a women’s charitable organization. The Philoptochos was founded in 1931 by the then Ecumenical Patriarch Athenagoras.
Today, Philoptochos chapters are located in every Greek Orthodox parish in the United States and Canada.
Regardless of size, each chapter is dedicated to the same goal: helping our brothers and sisters who are in need. The Philoptochos members work to help support the institutions of our faith.
Their efforts have helped ease the pain and suffering of many. But as great as their efforts have been, there is always more to do.
Our parish of Saints Constantine and Helen invites you to join in serving and working for those in need. Through our efforts we know that we can make a difference and as Orthodox Christians we can do no less.
Saint Filothei of Athens is the Patron of the Philoptochos
To read more about our Philoptochos, our annual events, activities and responsibilities CLICK HERE