PROGRAM OF DIVINE LITURGIES
||THE SERVICES OF PARACLESIS TO HONOR THE THEOTOKOS EVERY DAY EXCEPT SATURDAYS 2- 13 AUGUST.
||MATINS–DIVINE LITURGY FOLLOWED BY PARACLESIS
||VESPERS OF THE HOLY TRANSFIGURATION OF CHRIST
||HOLY TRANSFIGURATION OF CHRIST THE SAVIOUR.
MATINS–DIVINE LITURGY- BLESSING OF GRAPES
||MATINS–DIVINE LITURGY FOLLOWED BY PARACLESIS
||DORMITION OF THE MOST HOLY THEOTOKOS
MATINS – DIVINE LITURGY
||TAKING LEAVE OF THE FEAST OF DORMITION
MATINS –DIVINE LITURGY
||ST. PHANOURIOS. VESPERS WITH FANOUROPITTA
|| ST. PHANOURIOS THE NEW. DIV. LITURGY WITH FANOUROPIT.
||BEHEADING OF ST. JOHN THE BAPTIST. MATINS–DIV. LITURGY
||SAINT ALEXANDER. MATINS – DIVINE LITURGY
- Prayers for the health and salvation of your loved ones will be read every evening during the Service of Supplications to the Virgin Mary. Those wishing to pray for the health of your loved ones may do so by remitting to Father Lambros their list of names.
- The closure of our Church for over 3 months has placed our financial situation in difficulty with respect to our financial obligations, salaries, maintenance of the premises, mortgage payments, electricity and other necessities.
- Needless to specify that our revenues during these extraordinary times were non-existent and we only depended on your charitable donations.
- I appeal to your love for our church and community, to continue supporting them, so that we may be able to meet our operational expenses and ensure the uninterrupted function of our services.
- You may send your contribution by cheque or online by visiting our website at http://www.greekwestisland.org. You may also communicate with us by mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ON-LINE MEMBERSHIP, SUBSCRIPTION, PAYMENTS, DONATIONS You can now make your membership subscriptions on-line, you can pay your membership online and also make on-line Donations. All payments are done through the Secure PayPal on-line system. Visit our website: Click on the right “BECOME A MEMBER TODAY”. Download the page, select on-line membership application for individual or family. You can also download the membership form in PDF format, fill it up and send it to us by regular mail with a check payment.
With the Lord’s blessing
To download the program in PDF format CLICK HERE
Please renew your annual membership for 2020
by visiting our office at the church, or on-line in our home page
They are available at the office. If you would like to receive a tax-receipt at the end of the year, obtain a box of envelopes and write the number that has been assigned to your name at the office. i.e. if your name has been assigned with number 42, write the number 42 on the envelope, for every envelope that you provide a donation. To obtain the number see the office secretary.
PARKING (Not permitted during the COVID-19 shutdown)
Please park only in the designated areas and do not park in areas where you may iterfere with the parking of others and emergency vehicles.
DO NOT PARK:
- IN FRONT OF THE CHURCH
- ON THE PARKING DRIVE WAY AROUND THE CHURCH
Now you can witness the results or of our hard work and dedication in the completion of the church renovation and expansion. Please continue to support our fundraising effort to pay-off our banking obligations . Tax receipts shall me provided for all donations.
YOUR FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTION TO THE COMMUNITY WILL SUPPORT
- The spititual development of the Greek-Canadian family
- The education of our children within our faith and cultural heritage
- The development of our orthodox faith and the transfer of our our spiritual values.
- The safe access tou our church and commiunity hall to person with special needs, elders and families with young kids.
Your active support confirms your participation in our faith, in the Church of Christ and his Saints, in Orthodoxy and your involvement in the transmission of our faith to our children and grandchildren. All these values were kept alive by the sacrificies or our ancestors, during the darkest periods of our history. Your financial contribution will ensure the survival of our Community, through the presence of which lives on the helitage left to us by all those who upheld these everlasting values and past them on as a precious legacy. By becoming a member you show how much you care for the continuation of this living presence of the gifts bestowed on us by those preceded us.
ON-LINE MEMBERSHIP, SUBSCRIPTION, PAYMENTS, DONATIONS
You can now make your membership subscriptions on-line, you can pay your membership on line and also make on-line Donations. All payments are done through the Secure PayPal on-line system. Visit our Home page: Click on “LEARN MORE” under “BECOME A MEMEBER TODAY” that brings you to the membership page. Open that page, select on-line membership application for individual or family. You can also download the membership form in PDF format, fill it up and send it to us by regular mail with a check payment.
FATHER LAMBRO’S SPECIAL MESSAGE
To the fellow parishioners of Saints Constantine and Helen, West Island, Montreal.
Following the announcement of the Québec government our Church will be open to our parishioners from the 22nd of June.
- Our first liturgy that we celebrated with the participation of faithful has taken place on the 24th of June, on the feast of the nativity of Saint John the Baptist.
- We must continue to adhere to the government guidelines which authorized us to have liturgies with a maximum number of 50 persons.10 persons are needed as essential personnel, consisting of the volunteers, members of the Council, the Philoptochos and the Youth, the priest, the sexton and the chanter, all necessary in order to ensure the normal proceedings to take place in applying the government guidelines.
- Both on Sundays and on the weekdays the Orthros and the liturgy will start at 9 a.m.
- The number of persons, excluding the essential personnel, must be limited to 40.
- These will be admitted on a first come first served basis.
- As soon as you enter the church you will be asked to sanitize your hands and a volunteer will take your temperature with a non-contact thermometer. If your temperature is above 38 Celsius (100.4 Fahrenheit) you will not be allowed to attend.
- Masks must be worn. If you cannot bring your own mask, a volunteer will offer you one.
- You must register your name upon your entrance.
- You may obtain your candle at the “pagari” but you will not be offered change. Make sure you have dollar coins so you will not require change.
- We urge you not to kiss icons, but if you do, someone will have to sanitize the glass frequently.
- There will be a marked sign where you may be able to sit.
- Only 3 persons can seat in every second pew, so we may respect the 2 m distance from your neighbor.
- Members of the same family may be seating close together, but the next person sitting next to them must keep the distance of 2 m.
- When coming for Holy communion you must keep the 2 m distance in the aisles. As there will not be a red cloth available, make sure to open wide your mouth to receive communion without spilling the Holy gifts.
- Mnemosyna with kollyva can be held, with the understanding that only next of kin may be present, provided that they arrive before the number of participants reaches the maximum capacity of 40 persons. Make sure to arrive early before the number of 40 is completed if you want to be present at the mnemosyno. No kollyva may be distributed to parishioners in church. You must take the tray of kollyva to your home.
- Your offering can be left at the collection basket that will be placed on a table near the “pagari”, so you may place it there either in your entrance or at your departure from the church.
- You must leave the church without delaying your departure at the vestibule as soon as the liturgy is over.
- There will be no access to the kitchen or to the hall of the church. In case of an emergency, if anyone must go to the toilet, he/she may ask one of the volunteers to open the door allowing access to the toilet.
- If a number of persons remain outside because the maximum capacity of participants in the church has been reached, they may remain in their cars and wait until the admitted to the liturgy parishioners leave the church after the liturgy, at which time they may enter to pray and receive communion if they wish so.
- The liturgy will be transmitted live-streamed in our Facebook and it will be heard in the parking lot through our external speakers.
- Sacraments may be conducted with a limited number of participants, after consultation with the priest and the secretariat of the church.
- We appeal to your understanding in putting to practice these government guidelines. We hope that these are temporary measures.
- We understand that they are imposed in order to protect us from the harmful effects of spreading the coronavirus.
- We pray that this may be the last phase of measures and that following this round of precautions we may return to our normal church life and enjoy unreservedly our fellowship and communion in Christ our Saviour, by gathering without fear around the Eucharistic table of His living body, His Holy Church.
- We remind you that we are not responsible for anyone contracting COVID-19 infection in our premises.